What is REEL?
In 2015, Research to Empower Educational Leaders (REEL) became the successor to the Society for Management in Education in Ireland (SMEI) which was founded by Professor John Heywood in 1992. REEL is an organisation open to all people within the education sector, acknowledging that school leaders currently work with teachers, parents, students, ancillary staff and outside agencies. REEL’s aims are:
- to provide a forum for the dissemination of information and research relating to education and educational leadership to promote research in the area
- to explore and offer the opportunity for discussion, learning and development between likeminded people
- to enable members to share expertise and experience
- to liaise with other interested national and international organisations
- to achieve these goals through the provision of meetings, conferences, seminars, as well as blog and social media posts